Friday, April 11, 2014

She's Come Undone

She’s Come Undone is the book that I bought a couple of years ago, read only a couple pages, and quit.  The first a couple of pages are very important for me to guess if it would be interesting to read.  I usually do this process at a bookstore.  However, when I bought this book at the annual book sale at Mckinley High School, I didn’t try.  I had already several books in my both hands surrounded by many people there, and kind of pushed aside by those people.  I just picked the book because the author, Wally Lamb, somehow sounded familiar to me.  I had never read her book before though, I thought I had heard a good review about her before.
Unfortunately, the first a couple of pages of this book did not give me any good impression at first, and it was pushed aside and left in a pile of books for a while until I tried Literature map.  The Literature map showed I would like Wally Lamb because I like Amy Tan.  I was a little suspicious about the result of this website, but I picked up the book again and started reading it.
Fortunately, She’s Come Undone of my second try turned out pretty good.  It has lots of psychic crazy events and reminds me of the movie, Girls, Interrupted, which I like.  I am not fund of a story with psychiatric situations like this book, but the story is not really depressing or heavy.  After reading the first a couple of chapters, this book caught my interest.  I don’t think that Amy Tan and Wally Lamb have similar writhing style, but I think that they both write a quite crazy and depressing situation in an amusing way.
I sometimes think that judging a book from just reading a couple of pages is not right, but that is what I usually do.  But this time, I really thought I should at least try a couple of chapters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment