Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ashtanga Yoga for Women



People used to buy books when they want to know how to do things, such as cooking, sports, craft arts, and any kind of hobbies.  Nowadays, they use Internet.  I admit that Internet is more convenient, and I am a frequent user of it too.  My laptop doesn’t occupy a lot of space in my room like my books do, and videos such as Youtube teach me things so well for free. 
On the other hand, I still want to buy books because I like books.  I just feel happy seeing books of my interests in my bookshelf.  Honestly, there are many cooking books and yoga books I have never opened yet since I bought them.  This sounds really ridiculous, but I just believe that I maybe use them someday.
However, among my many brand new looking books, I have one yoga book, which looks really old because I used many times.  Although I usually check new postures on Youtube, I always go back to this book, Ashtanga Yoga for Women.  This book is the only yoga book I have known, which is written based on women’s mental and physical concerns.  You can find many useful directions about practice during pregnancy and period.  There are many postures that are physically difficult for women, and this book teaches some modified postures.  It of course teaches basic knowledge of Yoga in a simply way so that even beginners can easily understand. 
I found this book about 10 years ago, when I started yoga practice.  This is like the bible of my practice, and I read every single word in this book repeatedly.  I bought many other yoga books, and only Ashtanga Yoga for Women looks old.  I am sure I will keep this book forever and use it more, then it will eventually fall apart.  Now I am thinking that I should buy the same book brand new again for a spare….

1 comment:

  1. I'm in awe of your dedication to the book. It is nice to know that one can absorb the importance of a book and read it religiously. Hope you have more good reads in the future!

    ReplyDelete