Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quiet



A package of books has just arrived yesterday.  I ordered books from Amazon.com because I have wanted them but not been able to find them at Goodwill or Book Off.  Books are cheaper when buying on line than buying at a books store.  I just wish I had upgraded my MacBook and got iBooks app. before I ordered these books so that I could have bought eBooks version of them instead, which are much cheaper.  For example, one of the books I bought this time is Quiet by Susan Cain.  Its regular price is $16.00, Amazon price is $9.07, and Kindle price is $2.99.  It sounds ridiculous to buy a brand new boos at a bookstore anymore.  No wonder bookstores have been closing one after another lately.

Anyway, I decided that I don't care how I got the book or how much it was because I have it now with me and am excited.  I have wanted to read Quiet for a long time since I watched Susan Cain’s TED Talks.  I am a typical introvert like she is, and I always thought being introvert is such a disadvantage in the society.  At school and work, extraverts always speak up instantly without hesitation and let everybody know what their opinions are.  On the other hand, I as an introvert usually have to think about the subject before speaking up, and once extraverts around me start speaking up, I want to listen to them and think about their opinions.  Eventually, I kind of tend to lose a chance to speak up.  Susan Cain’s speech cheers up introverts like me.

Here is the video of her TED Talks.  This book will be my first book to read during this summer vacation.  I can’t wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Quiet seems like a good book and I hope you enjoy it! I'm also an introvert but I have recently tried getting more talkative because I want to feel involved in outside situations.

    ReplyDelete